August 27, 2010

The Mascherano Move

Well, it really happened. Barca have officially made the deal with Liverpool for the transfer of Javier Mascherano, with the Argentine midfielder set to sign for four years. The affair is contingent upon him passing the physical examination, which will take place on Monday along with the contract signing and presentation, but he'll be at Camp Nou by 11:00 AM tomorrow.

I'm not a really big fan of this transfer. Not just because of the way it was handled, what with Masch's playing strike and everything else, but because I really don't think we need him, even if Yaya left. We've got enough midfielders as it is and all this means is one more benchwarmer.

When Pep rejected the signing of Ozil, I thought he was going to be content with the midfielders he's got and the youth to fall back on, especially after he promoted a few of the youngsters to the senior squad. Guess I was wrong. Well, we'll just have to see how this pans out, I still trust in Pep.

1 comment:

  1. Yes i agree with you on the Masch transfer. I actually don´t approve of him at all. I would wish that he was the one on the bench, though that is not likely. He´s kinda nasty.

    ReplyDelete